Perhaps the most versatile multi-purpose grease ever created is lithium grease. In 1938, lithium grease was created. It is still more efficient than all other greases.
What is Lubricating Grease?
Modern greases often contain performance additives in addition to thickener and base oil.
Lubricating oil is thickened oil that has been gelled. Thickener is a liquid lubricant that transforms into semi-solid oil.
These are the three main components of greases:
Base oil is liquid grease, thickener, and lubricant that transforms liquid oil into semi-fluid. It also contains additives that enhance performance and protect. Common grease additives include Anti-corrosion and Metal Deactivators. Antioxidants and Performance Enhancing Additives like Anti-wear Properties.
Base oil 75-98%
Thickener systems, which transform liquid base oils into greases, make up about 2-20%.
In the 1940s, Lithium grease was first invented. It was created by reacting lithium hydroxide to fatty acids. The modern lithium soap (thickener), consists of 12HSA (12 hydroxystearic acid or triglycerides) mixed with lithium hydroxide monohydrate in an oil base.
Grease is one the oldest lubricants that humans have used since 1400BC. Grease is a lubricant that reduces friction, resists water, and seals. Over 90% of all bearings use grease as a lubricant.
Base oils can be either mineral oils, synthetic fluids, or any combination of both. It is possible to make lithium soaps from many fats. It is preferred to use 12HSA with HCO (hydrogenated Castor Oil) as the base. Lithium 12-hydroxy stearate lubricant grease is perhaps the best multipurpose grease ever made.
Producing lithium greases is more than all other greases. Liquid grease is a great choice because of its water resistance. Although not as strong as calcium, it has superior mechanical and shear stabilities, excellent thermal stability, and storage stability. You can also expect a constant operating temperature of 130degC (266degF), and a dropping point of 190-200degC. It is the most widely used bearing oil in almost every industrial sector. Bisley Chemicals can help you find a lithium stearate supplier
Because of the high price of raw materials, lithium greases are very expensive. These include the cost of lithium hydroxide monohydrate and the requirement for rust protection add-ons.
Application of lithium grease
Multiuse grease is suitable for automotive, marine, and industrial applications
Multipurpose lubricant that has an operating temperature of not more than 130°C (266°F).
Lubrication of the chassis in vehicles
Bearing grease available for low, medium, and high speeds
Lubrication for open and enclosed gears
These are suitable for automobile and industrial machines, plain/rolling bearings. They also work well with marine, agricultural, mining, and construction machinery.
Benefits of lithium grease
- Smooth, buttery structure
- Highest drop point, 190-200degC (374-392degF).
- Excellent low-temperature performance (base oil-dependent).
- Bearing grease available for nearly all types
- Available in EP, Extreme Pressure
- Excellent water resistance
- Outstanding shear stability
- Excellent thermal stability
- Good storage stability
- Long service life
- EP additives offer superior load and antiwear properties.
Advantages of lithium grease
- Because of its high cost of production and raw materials, lithium grease is very expensive.
- High-temperature applications have a lower drop point, with a range of 190-200degC (374-392degF).
- Due to the reduced adhesion, not recommended for use in sliding and reciprocating applications. 
- Lower water resistance than calcium greases
- You will need anti-corrosion products.
- How to make Liquid Grease